What does the Program Fee cover? The yearly EBU Academy fee for the 2018/2019 Academy Program is $800 (U7/U8) and $900 (U9/U10) per year (these amounts subject to change). This fee includes:
- outdoor training (2x per week during fall/spring)
- outdoor league games (approximately 14)
- mega date (4 total games)
- outdoor tournaments (2-3 tournaments)
- Winter Training (1x per week)
- referee fees
- WYSA player and team registration fees
- professional coaching
How much playing time should my child expect? EBU’s Academy Program is committed to all players playing at least %50 of each game.
What equipment do players need? Players must wear soccer cleats and shin guards to all outdoor practices and games. Players must wear alternate jersey to all practices. In addition, a soccer ball is required at all practices as well as a good supply of water so players can stay hydrated.
What size ball does my player need?
U7/U8 players —– Size 3
U9/U10 players —– Size 4
What is the game format?
U7/U8 games will be 4v4 in accordance with WYSA guidelines.
• Game length, 4×10 minutes
• No goalkeeper. No offside. No refs. No build out line. No deliberate heading.
• Substitutions are unlimited and can occur at any stoppage
U9/U10 games will be 7v7 (with goalkeepers) in accordance with WYSA guidelines.
• Game length, 2×25 minutes
• Goalkeeper included. Offside included. Refs included. Build out line included. No deliberate heading. No punting.
• Substitutions are unlimited and can occur at any stoppage.
How are teams formed?
Teams are formed based on individual ability and skill development. Teams are made up of players of similar ability.